Last Friday, the 21st, Brian had the day off and we had BEAUTIFUL weather, so we took off in the afternoon to one of our favorite parks in the area.
I can't say I got any pictures of our fun afternoon, infact, I didn't even take the camera with us. There was plenty of swinging, running, tag playing, sand box digging, and play structure climbing/ playing had by all....oh and did I mention it reach 75 degrees that day, so no coats were needed!!! (Definitely the last day we could say that, but we'll take it.)
Well after more than an hour in the park, the boys where playing quite the game of tag with their Dad (which Mom was laughing and enjoying watching too much to join in) when the boys caught their Dad and tackled him good in the grass.
Brian was a little slow to get up and then made his way towards me kind of laughing.
He told me he thought we might need to change the rest of our afternoon plans. I asked him why and then he showed me what had happened during the tackle. (Picture taken once we were home...you're welcome).
See anything wrong with these pants?
How about now?
Yes, somehow in the mist of the tackle, Dad split the seam in his jeans (did I mention they were his new jeans?)!!! So funny, but Dad was a good sport and toughed out the park for another hour with a jacket tired around his waist. Instead of altering the rest of our afternoon though, we hit the store next and Mom bought Dad a new pair of jeans (happy early birthday!) so he could change. Then we did some shopping and even went out to dinner as a family and celebrated Mom and Dad's birthdays a week early.
Overall, it was a super fun day as a family, but Dad definitely wins the award for playing the hardest this day!


No comments:
Post a Comment