Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday Night

Last Saturday night, I headed out to the Women's broadcast with a car full of girl friends (I was driving by the way, so I picked everyone up). We left about 2:30p as our stake had a nice program at 3p followed by dinner for all the women (which was amazing by the way) before the broadcast started at 5pm. Upon the broadcast finishing (which was amazing and totally uplifting...just what I had needed) about 6:30p the five of us were making our way back out to my car, but as we walked out the doors from the church I hear my friend Ashlee say "Why is Brian here? Are you going on a date?"
I had to reply "I am not sure" and need a few seconds to process....why is my husband here?....where are the boys? (One of the ladies in our group had had to meet her husband to go to urgent care with a child during the whole 3 hours we were there, so considering that incident, I was a little worried for a second), but then took in the fact that Brian was all dressed up and had a cute, mischievous smile on his face, so I figured all was ok.
He proceeded to take the keys to my car out of my hand (apparently the surprised look on my face was priceless too) and hand them to one of the ladies asking if she would mind driving everyone home before dropping off my car at our house (and picking up her car which she had left at my house). They all agreed and quickly left me with my adorable husband.
He had a bunch of these:
waiting in the car for me!
Then he told me the rest of the surprise....we were going to see a play, so that what we did.
We headed over to the little community theater in our town and saw:
It was a fun little play and the actors did a great job and overall is was just a great surprise to be able to spend a fun night out with my amazing husband.
Thanks Bri for such a great surprise and a fun night out!

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun surprise! You're such a lucky girl!

Jordan Steel said...

Wow, nice surprise! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun!I dont know if I would have chose the whole play idea- perhaps a movie night to see "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" or "contagion" would have been more exciting. lol (You guys are just more cultured than I am) Thanks for sharing

Amee said...

Un huh....that's my brother!

Lisa said...

AWWWW!!!!! WOW!!! What a classy and romantic guy! Tell him to please email Brandon. ;) How sweet, I'm so glad you got a special date with your man.