I bought Brian tickets to go see Phantom as a graduation (from Western) present, so last week we went to see it Portland. Nana was so nice and came down to see us in Salem for a few days so she could watch the boys and Brian and I went out for the night.
It was such a good show and so much fun! It happened that we were there opening night, so that was kind of fun as well, but it was just a great show and we had great tickets on the second row of the first balcony not far from the center.
Since I had only seen the movie version previous to this, it was fun to see what was the same and what was different. It is also really interesting to realize why certain things have to happen one way on stage and other scenes are done another way on camera since both ways are sometimes limited in what/how they can do things to make it work. We were both also amazed at how well we felt the flames in our seats every time they went off.
All around it was just a great show and we both loved it and had a great time. It was great to have such a fun night out one last time before Brian started school again and I am left to be a single parent for the year, so thanks Nana for watching the boys!
PS Yes, the soundtrack is still playing in our car.....whenever Brian or I are somewhere without the boys that is, since I don't think they would appreciate the volume we normally listen to some of those songs at. So fun!
Monday, August 25, 2008
What a fun date night!
I bought Brian tickets to go see Phantom as a graduation (from Western) present, so last week we went to see it Portland. Nana was so nice and came down to see us in Salem for a few days so she could watch the boys and Brian and I went out for the night.
It was such a good show and so much fun! It happened that we were there opening night, so that was kind of fun as well, but it was just a great show and we had great tickets on the second row of the first balcony not far from the center.
Since I had only seen the movie version previous to this, it was fun to see what was the same and what was different. It is also really interesting to realize why certain things have to happen one way on stage and other scenes are done another way on camera since both ways are sometimes limited in what/how they can do things to make it work. We were both also amazed at how well we felt the flames in our seats every time they went off.
All around it was just a great show and we both loved it and had a great time. It was great to have such a fun night out one last time before Brian started school again and I am left to be a single parent for the year, so thanks Nana for watching the boys!
PS Yes, the soundtrack is still playing in our car.....whenever Brian or I are somewhere without the boys that is, since I don't think they would appreciate the volume we normally listen to some of those songs at. So fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is so cool for your mom to drive down for that! Glad you two enjoyed an evening out doing adult things! Everyone needs that every now and then...
That would be so awesome to see that play! Way to go for going on a date!
I'm so excited to go see it...in two days! I didn't know there were flames...I haven't even seen the movie yet!
We'll have to get together again next week! See you Sunday at church...if I survive my talk in Sacrament...
There's really not many other shows out there as dramatic and great to watch as Phantom. I saw it in NY and came away singing those songs for days. Love "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". Fun for you guys.
When I went to New York that was the one Broadway play I wanted to see and it was so worth it!! I loved it! How cool and what a fun date for the two of you.
Post a Comment