Sunday, August 17, 2008

Utah

Ok, so this is going to be a long post, but I am just going to post all of our fun trip to Utah in one post.
Instead of fighting crowds in the airport, our little family decided to borrow Nana and Papa's van and drive to Utah for a family reunion. It was a long 15 hour drive, put our kids did great for the most part. We left a little early for Utah so we could get in visits to Great-Grandparents Jensen, Rigtrup and Smith. It was fun to get to spend time with all of them and let them all see the kids. We also got in a visit with our friends the Tulett's. We met them at a water park and let Clark and Reid play for a while. It was great to see them. I am just sorry to report that I didn't take any pictures at all at during our visits, so I am sorry to everyone.
After a few days of visits, it was time for the rest of the Polson clan to show up to join us for some fun before the Davis Family reunion started (Jared and Kim and Brandon where definitely missed).
This is Clark and Logan hanging out in our hotel room playing together. Clark can always make Logan laugh and this is how I was trying to get Clark to be distracted as he waited for Emily to get to the hotel.
Emily and Lauren finally arrived and there was definitely a lot of running in between the hotel rooms and fun as the cousins were reunited. We all ran a lot of errands around Provo during our short time there and then promised the kids a visit to the kids water park that the Tulett's had showed us, however, we didn't realize that the park closed early on Saturdays, so thanks Aunt Jean for letting us use your LITTLE pool and sprinklers to fix the tears of disappointment on the kids face after the water park was closing right when we got there.
This is Clark showing Uncle Jason that he knows how to turn the water on "faster"...watch out everyone. He got the adults more than once that night, but none of us where fast enough with a camera to actually catch that craziness.
The three definitely had fun cooling off with the water.
Lauren wants up even though she is soaking wet.
Clark and Emily getting into trouble in the flower bed, but loving being together.
Once we got to Dear Valley to the Davis reunion, we spent one day at the Alpine Slides and fun things in Park City. Clark was so brave to try many new things that day, I was so proud of him. He went down the Alpine slide with Daddy once and thought it was fun, but didn't want to go again. Then Emily went on a pony ride, so Clark thought he wanted to go too until he was out with the big horses up close. After a few tears, though he climbed on and I was very proud of him.
It was a little rough at the beginning and he wouldn't let go of either mine or Brian's hands so we were both stuck walking along each side of the horse, but slowly he warmed up. Soon it was either Mom or Dad on one side. And by the end he was loving sitting by himself with his new straw hat that he loves to steal from Nana. Overall, it was a very fun, but hot day. (You can't see them, but off the side we all have snow cones waiting to be eaten after our fun day in the sun.)
Thanks Nana and Papa for the fun day! I am sorry to report that I also did not take any picture of the amazing house we stayed in during our stay in Deer Valley, but it was a huge ski lodge and the Polson family had a great time with the space. (I will say that Jason and Lisa got some good pictures of our time there, so visit there blog to see our fun lodging!) I'll just sum it up by saying that it was nice to be able to put the kids to bed on two different floors and then still have a place to the adults to hang out and talk or play games or do whatever. Definitely enough space for everyone and plenty of quite, beautiful mountain surroundings.
We spent lots of time visiting with Aunts, Uncles and cousins and doing to huge family parties. It was a lot of fun to see all of my cousins and there kids again, so thanks to all the Davis family for the fun party. To end the reunion, we all went to the Heber Cemetery to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa Davis' grave site. I am sure they were checking in and enjoying the reunion of their family during that weekend as well, but going together to visit them was a great way to end the weekend. We are blessed with a great, loving family and that is definitely a reflection of the amazing legacy that they started and left for their family. Dad and the boys exploring the headstones.

My mom and all of her siblings at my grandparents grave.

One last picture of our little family before we get in the car for our long drive back to Washington. (I guess I didn't get the memo that it was blue shirt day for our family before I dressed Logan! :))

Thanks to everyone for letting us come visit and for planning such a fun family reunion. It was great to see everyone again.

We love you all and had a great summer getting to see most of both of our families. Guess that means it is time to get back to real life again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Logan smiling at Clark -- so precious! They have both grown so much since we last saw them! And that shot of Clark with the straw hat is classic!