So what was the big surprise Santa sent early for us to enjoy?
It was tickets to How to Train your Dragon: Live Spectacular!!!!
To say the boys were excited was a definitely understatement...plus the show was in Tacoma, so that meant a trip to Papa and Nana's for the weekend as well!
Friday, December 7th the four of us (Nana was nice enough to keep Aubrie for us as I am positive she would not have appreciated the show) headed to the Tacoma Dome for a night of fun.
Upon walking in, there were huge posters for the new How to Train your Dragon TV show, but my boys were just excited to see Hiccup, so we took their picture with him of course.
Then we found our awesome seats
we on row 16 and I swear we were closer and had better seats then were most of the VIP experience seats were (no we did not do VIP...Santa is amazing, but not that amazing).
Here are the boys telling us where we are right before the show is ready to start:
This is the beginning when Hiccip first finds Toothless.
For those of you who have seen the movie, the show basically follows the movie, for those of you who don't know what I am talking about, here are some videos and pictures from our fun adventure:
(the away they used the video screen backdrop was amazing....this was the best video I got of it, but trust me it was even cool then what this video showed)
Logan at intermission wanted to take my picture to prove I was there....never got Dad's picture, but oh well.
Funny thing about intermission, Clark leaned over to me about 10 minutes into the 15 minute break and said "I wish this was over already!". I look at him and said "you wish the show was over already....do you not like it?!" He looked at me like I was a total moron and said, "NO! I wish this long break was over so we can watch more of the cool show....I love the show...I hate the break!" GOT IT?!
So glad we cleared that up and that he loved the show.
The rest of these are all from the end:
And the cast saying good-bye:
Then a picture of the boys with the stage behind them:
and the dragons we were watching them put away..
We had such a fun time at the show and we all loved seeing the live version.
The boys will tell you they loved all of it except when the dragons blew fire...that was too hot (they had fire canons that shoot every time the dragons blew fire and they were bright and hot, so those weren't the boys favorite). Logan's favorite part was when Hiccup first found Toothless and Clark's favorite part was the underwater scene towards the end (the effects and bubbles they used for that part really were cool!)!
Thanks Santa for sending an early present! We loved it and had a great time as a family! It was the perfect way to spend a long weekend! :)
Plus Mom might have got all her Christmas shopping done that weekend when there were real stores to shop in...added bonus! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment