The boys started school this year on September 4th. Though we were all up early and excited to get ready for the big day, apparently I failed to get a picture of Dad before he left for school, so sadly there is no first day of school picture for the teacher in the family this year.
The boys, however, we not as lucky to escape.
Clark started 1st grade this year!
Can I just say I really am not sure were the time went and how it is even possible that I already have a 1st grader! Crazy!!!
Anyway, though he was a little worried about having to stay at school all day and that he would never have any play time anymore, once we assured him that he would indeed be home before bedtime each day and that there was now 3 recesses each day instead of only 1, he was super excited. (After all, it is only the number of recesses that these kids really worry about) :)
Here is a couple pictures of Clark right before we headed off to school:
Talk about grown up!
Some of the boys together:
Normal smiles out of Logan for pictures is definitely a rarity at the moment!
Logan started his second year of preschool this year!
Though he was a little sad not to be at the same school as Clark this year, he was excited to have Miss Jesika again (the school district had to cut the preschool program, so it's no longer at the elementary school, but we did follow his teacher to her new location).
Here are a couple of pictures of Logan before school:
Can I just say, I can't believe how much Logan has grown up this year and even this summer. He has really grown a lot and I have a feeling he might be catching up to Clark height wise soon if he keeps up this growing spurt!
We took Clark to school first. He found his cubby right off and things were going well, but then they went a little down hill.
Here is a picture of Clark working hard at his desk, but if you look close, you can see he had been crying. The kids all picked up their name tags and then got to choose where they wanted to sit (something you would think would be an easy task), but when the spot he wanted was taken he simply fell apart. It took some real talking and working with him to get him to see that another desk was super close to that friend and basically right next to them too (really it was the comment that he was going to loose that desk too as many more students where coming in to claim desks and there weren't many desks left) before he finally was able to make a choice, dry the tears and move on.
Once he decided, though, he was ready to go and settled right in to do his first worksheet.
After FINALLY being able to get out of Clark's class, we ran over to Logan's school to drop him off.
Logan was soooooo ready to be at school that he was a little upset that I even had to get out of the car and walk him in....I can go myself Mom!
Oh well, he let me walk him in. We managed this one picture of him in his classroom before he was off doing something else and wanted nothing else to do with Mom.
So fun to see him so excited!
After all the craziness of the morning, once I arrived home with Aubrie, I was ready for a nap...oh wait it was only 9am!
I am happy to report though that all mornings have gone much smoother since then and they both love school and we love their teachers.
We realized later that we failed to get pictures with their teachers, so we fixed that with Clark a couple of days later and will get a new one of Logan and Miss Jesika later.
Here is Clark and Mrs. Davis:
Clark calls her 1st grade Mrs. Davis so everyone know which Mrs. Davis he is talking about (as he had the other Mrs. Davis for Kindergarten last year).
We are so excited for this new school year and to see how much the boys learn and grow this year. Clark will get to ride the bus to Dad's school some days after school, which he is super excited about.
I have a feeling it will be a great year with lots of changes for both of them!
1 comment:
The school tradition continues to the next generation 1st day of school photo shoot.
Natalie you do a great job as photographer & story teller.we love each blog you create,
Mom J.
Post a Comment