Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Clark's 6!

Clark turned 6 on April 11th!
(It is totally crazy to think that he is old enough to be 6, but I guess that is what happens when they get big enough to go to school....every year you just think there is no way they are that old, but they are. Crazy!)
Anyway, Clark didn't actually have school on his birthday due to the fact that it was parent teacher conferences, so we celebrated a day early with his class by taking in his favorite cookies to share with all his classmates. (Well, technically, I guess the celebrating started 2 weeks early with Great Wolf Lodge...I guess we just like to spread the fun out.)
On his actual special day he got to hang out with Mom and Logan all day and watch a movie of his choice. He had requested funfetti cupcakes with rainbows for frosting, but when I realized how many colors he was actually talking about on the cupcake, we compromised on 3 color stripes (this mom couldn't handle 7 color stripes on tiny cupcakes!) and a scoop of white ice cream for the cloud. Clark was super happy with the outcome which was great and we invited a few friends over in the afternoon to help us eat them all up.
Here's Clark somewhat patiently waiting for Happy Birthday to be sung...he just really wanted to dig in:
See we tortured him with a picture with his Mom and he is saying can we eat yet!
Finally the singing began (Brynnlee ...next to Clark...wasn't a fan of singing or fire so she is hiding)
The wish was made, candles blown out and the eating finally started...just what the birthday boy wanted:
Once Dad came home, we went to a local little drive per the birthday boys request and then came home to open presents:


Notice how almost every present is a blur? That's because the kid just didn't slow down. He was in a super big hurry to see what he got, then open everything, then play with everything. He and Logan had a great time playing together until bed. I think we can call the birthday a success.
Happy Birthday Clark!
We love you and are so happy you are in this family.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awe, I can't believe Clark is 6 either! You're whole family is growing up outside of my presence. It's amazing! We miss hanging out with you all. You are cool people!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Clark! Glad to hear it was a success. I can't believe he is 6, either!

Amee said...

Happy Birthday Clark!!! Looks like you had a great day...and the rainbow cupcakes look delish!

Kelly M said...

Natalie, you look so beautiful in the photo with Clark! I'm really impressed that you planned and did so much for his birthday while you are pregnant! Praying that your sweet girl is still growing well and that you're feeling good!