So some of you know that for more than the first while that we lived here, Clark kept expressing that me missed his old house and wanted to go back to his old house. In fact, during prayers we would say things like "bless our new house because mommy and daddy and Logan like it, but Clark likes his old house". This went on for a few months and though this house was starting to grow on him some, he would still tell us that he liked his old house better.
WELL, a few weeks ago I started wondering what I could do to help Clark not miss his old house. He had expressed many things that he missed and normally every day was something different, but the toy room did come up a lot, so I decided to rearrange some things here and see if we couldn't help him like this toy room too. After realizing what I thought the old toy room had that this one didn't (more open space for the most part) and then rearranging some toys and furniture, I made this little boy happy!
He came out of his room after quiet time and saw what I had done and got so excited that I had fixed the toy room. He immediately started playing in there and after a little while came out to see me in the kitchen and asked that I take a picture with his animals:
Since then, I haven't heard once that he misses his old house! So though it took me a few months to figure it out, I finally got it!
This mom did something right and we were both definitely a lot happier after that!

2 comments:
It makes you feel so good as a mom when you finally figure it out! Its so funny the things that "bug" kiddos! Sometimes I wish Justin came with a translator. lol
Sophie had a hard time with our move, too. (It probably didn't help that I had a hard time.) I'm glad Clark is a happy boy again!
Post a Comment