Thursday, December 9, 2010

Countdown

Since Clark is at that age where he loves Christmas and asks everyday "How many days left until Christmas" I decided to make a countdown chain with him. We definitely have countdown advents around our house, but something about getting to rip paper every day is much more exciting to this kid, so when I told him what we were going to make he was really excited.
 He made sure I got a picture of every color of strip he was gluing
 and showed off for the camera
but did very careful work
 and pinched every ring together.
 Then we hung up the finished project and he reminds me everyday that we have to rip a ring off.
Super cute and super fun to find a project Clark like doing and FINISHING mostly by himself.
Totally successful project time while Logan slept if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job Clark! We did one of those this year, and Sophie just wants to tear down the whole thing. I guess she's still a little young.

Thanks for the tip on the candy cane kisses. I hadn't heard of those before. That could be dangerous for me, though, because if I like them, I will eat the entire bag in a day (maybe two).

(And, ironically, the word verification I just had to type was "fatter". Maybe it's a hint.)

Sharlee said...

Count downs are the best!! ALiyah made one with her aunt and she looks forward every day pulling off a strand. Not sure if I told you this but Aliyah still talks about Clark:) Hope you guys have a great Christmas.

Ashley said...

Way to go Clark! That is awesome that he can do a project by himself!

Lisa said...

Cute idea!! We will have to do that next year, Isabella would love it!