Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Logan's new seat

When Logan hit 17 months old he FINALLY weighed enough (21lbs 3oz....close enough to 22lbs) to be turned around and sit in a front facing carseat.
I didn't get any great pictures of him smiling, but I can assure you that he was/is a happy little boy!
The day we got his seat, we all went for a little drive after dinner. This is Logan in his chair on his first ride facing forward. (The DVD player was still in the car from a previous trip, so a movie was on, which is what he is staring at, and he was so excited to actually be able to see the movie instead of just hear it. Clark didn't like sharing the screen though, he is used to it being right in front of him, so we'll need to work on that.) The two boys together in their chairs. And yes, my children normally wear shirts in the car, but it was still like 99 degrees outside that night at 7pm, so I was trying to keep them cool and happy! Logan is such a happy camper to go anywhere now and it is so fun to see how animated he is to be able to watch out the window and see new things.
Clark has also realized that Logan can look out now, so I'll often hear "look at the big truck" or "Logan, see the bike" coming from the backseat which is really fun. He is such a good big brother most days.
I love my two little munchkins!

5 comments:

Amee said...

Look'in good boys! Wish I was there to play! Love ya!

Megan said...

Oh happy day! I love it when Blake points out all the things around us to Kyle when we are on car rides! What cuties! Thanks for the good luck wishes for our upcoming move!

Lindsay said...

Big Boy! Oh my goodness, I can't believe how BIG he's gotten! Wow, he sure is handsome you two.

We miss having your family in the ward. We are glad that Oregon is still cool.

Sarah said...

We had the same problem with Sophie not weighing enough to face forward. We finally did it last month when she was 20 months. Thankfully, she has always done well in the car and didn't mind being rear-facing. Probably because she didn't know what she was missing. :)

Lisa said...

Cute! You can tell he's totally excited!