Friday, August 14, 2009
The Husband emerges
Hey Everybody! I know you are used to hearing from the lovely and talented Natalie, but we had such a great today I decided I could either write it in my journal, get a cramp in my hand, and never share it with anybody...or I could blog. So, here it goes: A day in the life of the Jensens.
5AM. Natalie is sleeping in bed...alone. The baby monitor that usually hummmmmmms static to let us know if Clark or Logan has had a bad dream about "bad mens trying to get me, Daddy" has actually been turned off. She has not been awakened for a midnight "potty" run with Clark or anything else. She has actually slept for 6 consecuative hours. (Your welcome, I love you) All the men in her life are in the other room. Clark is asleep in his bed, Logan is pretending to be asleep in his crib and Dad is on the floor. My bed consists of a baby blanket matress, a rocking chair cusion pillow and a quilt. Everytime I hear a movement from the crib and turn around, I get a flash of Logan falling into his pillow and closing his eyes pretending to be asleep. We play this game every thirty seconds for fourty-five minutes. He loves it.
Around 6AM. I finally get up to go shower, but I have to take Logan. If Ileave him there he wakes up everyone...in Salem. How do you get a toddler to be quiet (and not destroy anything) while you shower? Food. I put a paper towel on the bathroom floor and load it with a handful of baby marshmallows, a pack of fruit snacks, cereal puffs...and leftover almond bark from the Oregon coast (What? Im the Dad, and no I don't know any better.)
7:30AM After everyone is up and fed I go to a job interview. I've prepared as much as I can and when it's over I decide there's nothing that could have gone better. It's a great interview and I really and excited about it. I go home, kiss the family, and get ready for ANOTHER interview at 11AM. I decide I eed some prep time so I go to Willamette's (Will-am'-et) Library and get ready. I estimate it will take me 30 minutes to get from the second floor of the library to the Middle School's office across town in exactly 30 minutes. I'm off my 5 minutes and nearly roll the Oldsmobile taking a corner at 55MPH when the turn off comes faster than I thought it would.
11AM "I'm sorry Mr. Jensen they are running a little late this morning, it should only be a minute. We're you sprinting through the parking lot from your car? Yes, they will be with you in about five minutes.
11:45M "I'm sorry for the wait. They will see you now." This interview goes even better. I actually had them laughing at my jokes. Is there anything better than making people laugh? Nope.
1PM The rest of the day is a blur as we take the boys to the public library for the first time. Each boy almost gets us kicked out. Clark is yelling at other children making them cry. Logan is walking up to people and sitting in thier laps trying to get them to read him their book. Natalie checks out 157 picture books while I drag the boys to the car. We go home, have naps, (Yes, I took a 2 hour nap too...on the floor again) and the rest of the day is a blissful day of family time at the house filled with Curious George, Thomas the Train, Aurthur, and those are just the DVDs. We'll start on the books tomorrow. The weather was perfect, we got lots done, and we ended the day with the boys going to bed soundly, Natalie and I watching "Be kind rewind" (you can miss it, it's not a big deal) and now I'm here in bed, no my real bed this time, and realizing this is a HUGE BLOG POST!
12AM Well, now the day is done and I'm excited about doing it all over again in 5 hours. Except the interviews...those I can do without on a daily basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What great news about TWO good interviews! We hope you get both jobs! :)
Fun post! You guys have been busy with fun stuff! I'm jealous of the Oregon Coast... I really want to go there someday with my fam.
I know I'm a little late on commenting...but you really need to post more often! It was fun to read about a day in the life of Brian! :) Hope the interviews turn out! Love ya!
Post a Comment