On May 5th, come of my cute friends threw a baby shower for me and 2 of our other friends who are also due in June.
Here is the adorable invite my friend Jen made:
Yes, those onesies are cutouts hanging on a clothesline! Super cute and way nice of her to spend so much time making the invites to our fun day.
I didn't get a lot of pictures that day (since let's be honest, I was busy having fun), but I (or a friend managed a few.
Here is the set-up for the present open area:
Laura and Kacy are both having boys in case you can't tell, so they were on the outside with me and the pink in the middle.
Picture of the adorable cake:
And another picture of the cake table:
Apparently, I never got a picture of the food table, but it was totally full of AMAZING food!
The funniest thing about the baby shower was that the mom's all LOVED the food and the kids who were there with their moms were not impressed at all. In fact, Kacy's oldest daughter, Katie, is 7. She was sitting by me and her mom during lunch and kept picking at the food then looking back and the table. Her mom finally asked her what she wanted and Katie replied "I just keep hoping some good food shows up!" Her mom and I busted up laughing and explained to her that it was good food. That the moms love eating yummy salads, croissants filled with delicious chicken salad, salmon on crackers, veggies and dip, etc. She was basically horrified to learn that we like somewhat healthy, "grown up" food when we don't have kids to please and it's Mom time. Katie decide mom parties aren't so much fun food wise, but at least the cake met up with her expectations. Super cute!
Anyway, once we stuffed ourselves, the present opening began:
Laura, Me and Kacy ready to start in on the opening action.
So yes the towel I am holding was a cute present, but I am laughing, because Kacy had just opened her present from me and my friend Jen just realized that we bought the same outfit and wrapped it in the same bag! Apparently we think a lot alike!
Some of the present opening craziness:
It was definitely nuts with 3 of us opening at the same time. We started trying to watch each other, but ended up not seeing much of what each other got...thank goodness we each had a friend writing down each of our gifts because I didn't remember a lot of what came from who once the madness was done.
Here some of the other ladies watching the madness as well:
This picture cracks me up because this is honestly how most of the kids were by the end. They were not impressed with the Mom parties. :)
They started at the beginning helping their Mom (Jen....the one responsible for the amazing invites) write down the presents I got, but some realized there was no toys in any of the bags, so they got a little bored.
Too funny.
Too funny.
Thanks Jen, Kristy, and Ashlee for the great party. It was such a fun time, the food was great and our new little girl was definitely spoiled!

2 comments:
What a fun time! Glad to hear you were spoiled.
PS With gifts like that, I want to be one of your boys' teachers. :)
Looks like it was a smash'in success! Congrats on a full 36 week pregnancy! We're SO excited to see that baby girl!
Post a Comment