Not A....though Logan and Clark went to the dentist that morning and had great check ups, not all 4 of us went to the dentist on Wednesday.
We did sell the Mazda...FINALLY...but that wasn't until Friday, so that's not it either.
Oh how I wish we could say most of you guessed right and we had the tooth fairy visit with Clark loosing his first tooth...that is not right either....all teeth are still firmly in his mouth.
So sadly we report that it was B...Logan broke his leg!
Since I know you all will want the story, we'll start by setting the scene.
The boys were playing in their room.
The story we get from Clark (since Brian and I weren't in the room to see it in person) is that Logan was standing on top of his bookcase next to his bed (where the blue cup is in this picture). Clark was standing at the end Logan's bed (next to where the red blanket is) and told Logan if he jumped he would catch him. Logan being the trusting brother that he is....jumped. And Clark missed. (Of course there was no way Logan was jumping that far of a distance...like 5 feet, but he got close). Logan landed funny we guess and after about 5 minutes of hard crying I stopped being the awful mom that I am and decided maybe Logan wasn't faking it and maybe I should investigate the problem with the boys.
Brian was working with Clark to try and figure out what happened and I spend a good 15 minutes trying get Logan to stop crying and tell me what happened, where is hurt, etc.
After a little while we decided there was probably a good chance Logan had a break, so we piled in the car and all headed to urgent care...since of course it was after 5pm so no normal doctor offices are open.
After a couple hours, some x-rays and a long leg splint we left knowing Logan for sure has a broken leg. He definitely has one break on the lower end of the tibia (weight bearing bone) with a possible second crack (spiral fracture) higher in the bone as well. The good news was that the break didn't go all the way through the bone and nothing was displaced, so no surgery is needed!!! (Some good news at least.)
Now we are in a long leg splint until this Friday when we will get more x-rays and a cast put on.
Overall, Logan is doing really well...or as good as you can when you are 3 and can't use your leg anymore. Mom is remembering what it is like to have a totally dependant child again and getting nothing done with all the "Mom, will you carry me?" requests. But really it could have been so much worse and we feel extremely blessed with how well things have gone.
Here are some pictures of our brave boy.
![]() |
| Not feeling super great the night he did it, but hanging in there |
![]() |
| Looking cute before church today and feeling somewhat better as you can tell |
Logan can't hold his leg up on his own well, so this is how we eat:
![]() |
The high chair on top of the picnic table works great for eating and watching the computer and many other things.
Logan is definitely becoming more daring with his splint as his pain goes down. Today he has been trying to scoot all over the house on his bum and get places he wants to go on his own instead of being carried everywhere like he is supposed to. So here is to hoping we all make it to Friday when we get our hard cast without mom stressing out over Logan killing his leg and Logan actually hurting it again.





5 comments:
wow. That was not what I was expecting. Glad to see him at least smiling. Tell him we love him.
Oh we miss you guys. Im sorry to say, I had to laugh at how much he trusted clark. Hope you guys all survive til cast day!
I am so sorry this happened! Like you, I'm glad it isn't any worst than it is! Wishing for a quick recovery and will be watching for updates on how you are all doing!
Oh wow! Sorry it had to be the broken leg story. Poor little guy. Wish I was there to play and lug him around. Aunts are good for that. I kind-of hope he remembers this experience, cause what a great story. Boys will be boys. Get better Logan!
Poor kiddo!! That's no fun at all!! Im glad he seems to be doing better for the most part.
Post a Comment