Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Big 3

Logan turned 3 today!
I can't even believe that it has been 3 years since this little man joined out family.
 Logan is so much fun and pretty easy going for the most part....except when Clark is bugging him of course.
He loves to cuddle and read books or watch movies.
He also loves:
puzzles
eating
time to himself while Clark is at school
Cars
GeoTrax
Thomas the Train
butterfly kisses

Logan doesn't like:
getting into trouble (if you haven't seen it...this tender hearted little boy is instantly broken hearted if you get mad at him...the tear are instant and HUGE)
Clark stealing his toys
when we have to go get Clark from school (he prefers to not share toys, so he would be ok if Clark was gone all day)
Quiet

Mom and Dad's schedules were kind of crazy today, but we still managed to squeeze in some fun treats for our favorite 3 year old.
He got a fun waffle and milkshake breakfast with Mom.
We had one of his favorite dinners when Daddy got home from work (pasta w sauce and cheese)
 In case you can't tell from his face in this picture....dinner was good.
Next was dessert.
We are going to have a friend party in a week or so, so we're saving the cake for then. We still needed yummy treats on the big day though and candles to blow out, so brownies with ice cream did the trick.
 "Happy Birthday dear Logan"
 And the perfect picture as he started to blow out the candles.
Mom had a meeting as soon as candles were blown out, so Logan was super patient for the time I was gone, but the second I returned he was more than ready to "OPEN PRESENTS" before bed.
 Logan loved ripping off all the wrapping and finding lots of fun things.
Clark was super excited for Logan to open the new puzzle he got him.
He also got Curious George, another GeoTrax building, gift cards, clothes, some treats
 Asking if he can have a fruit snack now...sure teeth can be re-brushed....it is his birthday after all.
This is the cute boys saying "THANKS". Thanks Nana, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa. He loved the presents and though most will have to wait to be played with until tomorrow, he did carry George off to sleep with and the book in his hand is a Toy Story/Nemo/Cars book on CD, so the CD is in and being listened to as they fall asleep.
Logan we love you and are so grateful to have your happy little self in our family!
Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

JJ Avison said...

Very cute, although I have to say I'm a little disappointed. When I saw your blog title, I thought maybe #3 was joining your family :)

jana said...

That comment before was from me, not JJ

Nate + Carlee said...

I can't believe how old he is! Just as a side note I have been thinking about you this week because I just hit 31 weeks this pregnancy, and I ALWAYS think about you at 31 weeks. I always think "if I make it to 31 he will be OK just like Clark!" Ha ha. It's funny the stuff we remember!

Amee said...

I'm the lame Aunt for failure to call on my little man's day. No, I didn't forget. I acutally got interupted about 12 times trying to make the call...sometimes my life is ridiculous. BUT, the present is coming in the mail along with Clark's. It's a 2 for 1 this year....just late for Logan and early for Clark. Give him a hug and kiss from Aunt Amee. Sorry LoLo!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Logan! Wow, I can't believe he is already three. He is a cutie!