Saturday, March 19, 2011

The amazing Dad

So I just have to start this post and say that I have the most amazing husband ever. Not only is he an amazing artist/painter who can create my wants for party games, but he has fun doing it and takes time out in the midst of his crazy school stuff right now to get it done and make 2 little boys super happy!
Project #1: Draw a Thomas for pin the #1 on Thomas at Logan's party
I totally would have been content with this as the finished project since it is already WAY better then even my wildest dreams of what I could create, but the amazing Dad of course needed to paint it to really make it Thomas.
I apparently never took a picture of the finished project though, so you'll have to look for it in the party pictures to see how amazing it turned out....plus look at those adorable faces...they were just a little excited if you can't tell.

Project #2: Pirate Treasure map for the Treasure hunt at Clark's party
Looks pretty amazing to me
Ripped up ready to be put into scrolls (we ended up hiding each section in different places and each piece would lead them to the next piece and then finally to the treasure when put together at the end)
The final look of the scrolls all rolled up. Clark didn't even see this project since we did it at night when he was asleep so it would be a fun surprise for his party.
Project #3: Treasure Map for pin the "X" on the spot game at Clark's party
The boys would have a great time following the trail with their fingers many times during the days prior to the party.
Project #4: Pirate ship for bean bag toss:
Again, way better then I could ever do
And then of course the parents need to test in out one night when the boys were in bed to make sure the bean bags fit.
They fit great...we just thought it was fun to get a picture with them stuck for you can see where the holes were.

As for this Mom, she did contribute on game to this double birthday party.......
I ordered the pull string Thomas pinata online and then filled it with candy for the kids at Logan's party to enjoy while the big kids were on their treasure hunt. I definitely know that art is not one of my strong suits, so I'll leave it up to the amazing Dad or simply order anything else needed online...works great for me.
Thanks Bri for being so amazing all the time, but especially humoring me with all of my crazy party needs/wants this week. You are so good at creating the perfect thing and the boys loved every minute of fun at the party...so THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW!! I'm pretty sure your husband needs to come and do some artwork for MY parties!

Sarah said...

Wow, you guys are so creative! What fun parties. I had forgotten about Brian's artistic ability. That stuff is really good! BTW, I didn't even recognize Logan at first in that first picture. I was like, "Oh, there's Clark with a friend." He is getting so big.

Amee said...

Super fun party, cake, game ideas! You guys are hired! I want a wonder woman party next week. And can I have power belts, tights, and gold crowns for all my friends? Oh, and sword that lights up. Thanks! You guys are the BEST :)