That is the exact question Brian asked me the other night when he and I were brushing our teeth and getting ready for bed in our bathroom.
My response was "what hair"
Brian said that hair...the stuff all over our floor.
I look down and discover all these little piece of hair all over spread over the bathroom floor.
Then I said....I think I might kill me 4 year old!
Of course, Clark was asleep by this point, but I went straight in to see if he really had cut his hair...I didn't wake him up, but I did inspected he head to find that indeed he had cut off a few of his spikes. (His hair had been spiked for school that day as always, and apparently he thought he would take a few off.)
Brian thought it was funny....I was pretty upset at the little man who was going to be grounded from my bathroom/bedroom first thing the next morning (did I mention that he had already been in trouble the day before for getting into my make-up drawer and making a mess with some of it?!)
So the next morning, Clark gets up and we have a little conversation about his hair. I asked him if he cut his hair and he thought about it for a while before answering (probably wondering how much trouble he was in) but finally answered "yes I was making it better".
So I informed him that he now needed a haircut (though he is better then he used to be haircuts still aren't his favorite), but when he asked why I told him we had to fix his hair since he made it look funny when he cut it.
This is his handy work:
It is most noticeable from the top and as long as it was spiked up in the front you didn't totally notice it from the front...which is why Brian and I didn't see it the night before.
But his hair was about an inch long on top at the time, so his missing spikes/chunks were definitely noticeable and had to be fixed. The good news was, it was a snow day with no school (see previous post), so I had extra time to get it done instead of rushing before school started.
Clark did tell me that cutting hair is hard...which we had a great little discussion and he agrees that only Mommy or Daddy will cut his hair from now on.
These aren't the best pictures, but here is the end result.
He had left just enough hair in the front to spike up once all the other hair was shorter to hide the big short spot in the front...which means he was lucky.
I was able to just give him a shorter haircut and mostly hide the damage until the grows back even. Good thing I tried first since Dad was just going to buzz it right off figuring that is what was needed, but we saved that drama (Clark really doesn't like the clippers to do even just his sides on a good haircut day let alone trying to buzz his whole head with them). He does know that if he cuts his hair again though, Dad is just going to buzz it all off, but he doesn't think that is a good idea, so hopefully this is the last self hair cutting experience for this child...at least until he is 20 or something. :)
Crazy kid!!!
PS I definitely think I get bonus points as a Mom who A) didn't kill the child for taking chunks out of his hair and B) totally saved the hair style in the end....no cue balls in the house during the winter! :)
Crazy kid!!!
PS I definitely think I get bonus points as a Mom who A) didn't kill the child for taking chunks out of his hair and B) totally saved the hair style in the end....no cue balls in the house during the winter! :)






6 comments:
oh no! lol this is funny when its not your own kid. So sorry!
His hair looks so cute! Glad you could save it, he looks like a stud. Oh, I'm dreading the day Isabella does that. I think it's inevitable and all kids do it eventually.
You win mother of the year award for not killing him! I would flip if one of my kids did this!
Nice save! I like the new look! And at least he was cutting his own hair instead of Logan's!!!
Oh Natalie! You are wonder woman! I'd never be able to save that hair style and Clark just looks like he has a shorter version. I'm impressed!
Good job for surviving this! I think I would have been steaming mad!
Post a Comment