Saturday, March 19, 2011

The party cakes

This last week has been full of preparations for a birthday party for both boys.
I decided to just go crazy and do both boys parties together, but still have separate parties...if that makes sense.
So Logan decided Thomas would be fun and invited friends with Thomas invitations while Clark went with a pirate/treasure hunt theme and invitations for his friends.
Being the nice mom that I am, I made them each their own cake.
Logan got Thomas and Annie
 (he really wanted Claribel as the coach car, but let's be honest, Annie is way easier to write in icing in a small space, so that is who he got...besides Clark is the only one who can sound it out and tell Logan that it wasn't really Claribel, so I think I'm safe.)

Clark got a Treasure map cake
The cake is the real reason he went with this theme since he and I saw a cake like this in a magazine not long ago and he loved it. So though I can't take claim on the original idea for this cake, I think it turned out pretty well and Clark loved it so I'm happy.

Now you know what I've been working on the last few days. The next few posts I'll show you the other preparations and finally the events at the party. Hope you enjoy as much as our boys did.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

THAT! Is an awesome idea!!! I love it and just may have to do that for a party with Isabella, a pirate themed party would be a lot of fun!

Amee said...

Awesome cakes! Natalie - you are so Martha! You win the best b-day Mom award.