Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Heart Day

Happy Valentine's
 Day!
 Love Clark
 These were the cute little treats and Valentine notes that Clark took to his class. We started with the Toy Story Valentine's and attached bookmarks, but Clark was not impressed that there wasn't candy attached. I didn't want to go buy a whole bag of candy, so I told him we would just make heart cookies to go with the valentines (homemade treats are allowed in this preschool class of 8). Clark however thought we should make heart krispie treats instead, so I thought sure how hard can that be. Well it did turn out to be more of a pain then I originally thought and I was happy in the end that I only had to make 8, but Clark was happy and they did turn out cute.
 Here is the super excited boy delivering his cute valentines into the kids mail boxes at school.
 Then of course there had to be a class party.
 Most of the kids were super excited to open their valentines, but Clark was too busy eating all of his yummy food (banana splits and heart shaped waffles that the class made during the first part of class). Once all the yummy food was consumed, then he went about happily opening his valentines and then thanking each kid individually..which was super cute.
 Logan was super happy to comply with Miss Jesika's request that he eat one of the extra banana splits.
 He loved being included in the school party.

As for us parents, Brian and I had said we were going to stay in and save money and have a quiet Valentine's Day at home, but my cute husband surprised me with a fun date.
I woke up in the morning to find this note on the table:
Apparently, he had planned that he would just make up some excuse to run an errand at about 7pm then come home with the baby-sitter and say lets go, but he thought better of it once he thought through that I would probably make some nice, big dinner and have it ready when he got home from work (which I had planned) and then he'd have to tell me why we couldn't eat it...so he left the note.
I was super surprised and excited and for those of you who know Brian well, you know that the "actual day" of any holiday is not a big deal to him...as long as it is around it it's good enough for him, so to do a big surprise on Valentines Day was big for him and we had been wanting to try Rodeo since we had heard great things about it. I was definitely not disappointed as we both had really good dinners!
Brian really did put a lot of effort into planning, getting reservations and a baby-sitter and everything arranged which made the date even better for me!
It was a great night/dinner without the kids!
Thanks Babe...you are the best and I loved my night out with my Valentine.
Hope you all had a great day as well. 

3 comments:

Tif said...

I am so jealous of that class that Clark is in! They get to do so many fun things and that party sounded wonderful (and yummy!).

That's so sweet what Brian did for Valentine's. Glad you guys got to go out!

Sarah said...

Rice Krispie Treat hearts? What an creative idea. Way to go, Clark. Brian definitely put a lot of effort into your date. I am impressed he considered the implications of you guys not eating the meal you were going to prepare. Very thoughtful!

Ashley said...

Way to go Brian! So glad you had a fun Valentine's Day. I think the rice krispy treats look great!