
Brian here, with a special blog entry this weekend that I hope you all enjoy. Clark has suddenly arrived at the "endless question" phase of childhood. During these sessions I quickly realized that the question and answer periods always ended at the same place, no matter where they started. From last week:
Clark- Dad, why am I four?
Dad- Because you were born four years ago.
C- Dad, why was I born four years ago?
D- Because we wanted a cute boy in our family.
C- Dad, why am I a cute boy?
D- Because you look like your Mother.
C- Dad, why do I look like Mom.
D- Genetics.
At this point, Clark looked at me intently. He looked for a long time, sitting silently, and then said, "Oh O.K."
And then yesterday:
Clark- Dad, can I play with Lady (Nana's aging retriever)?
Dad-No, Lady can't play anymore.
C- Dad, why can't Lady play anymore?
D- Because she is too tired.
C- Dad, why is Lady too tired?
D- Because she is old.
C- Dad, Why is Lady old?
D- Genetics.
C- ...Oh, O.K.
It all comes down to genetics doesn't it...

5 comments:
DAD Jensen here, I love all the Clark questions----there is justice in this life!!! You were the same way of course Brian----I can't wait until Clark hits the Boys Life joke level and repeats them over and over and over and over again----just something to look forward too. I would also like an altitude measurement for the Logan launch at the beach---that has to be a record----and as Bill Cosby would say, "Brain damage" Love you guys, DAD Jensen
LOL!!!!
Bah ha ha ha! This is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing B! I LOVED it and the roomies got a kick out of it too! Wish I could put those 2 boys in my pocket!
Word. :)
Great response Brian! I'll have to remember that one...
Post a Comment