One of the things Brian wanted to do with his parents, and me of course, on this trip was to go out to a really nice restaurant that had a beautiful atmosphere and where we could enjoy some fun conversation over dinner without being drowned out by loud music.
After A LOT of internet searching on his part, he found the perfect restaurant he wanted to take us all to (without any of us knowing about his plans before hand).
So for Day 5, it was really our low key day. We all slept in (something I thoroughly enjoyed on the trip!) and then really just relaxed around the apartment most of the day watching Olympic events on TV and just enjoying some down time on our busy trip.
About 3pm we finally all got ready to head out with Brian excited to share his surprise.
He shopped a little and explored downtown a little more before finding our way to the restaurant called Fleuri.
It was tucked inside a beautiful hotel and was totally empty (we found that when Canada's Men are playing a hockey game, everyone is captured to the closed TV, so it is a great time to be out and about or eat).
I thought the orchid center piece was cute, so got a picture of that, but really all the rest of the pictures are simply 1) To show Uncle Daren, the cook, who would be impressed by the plating, 2) to help us remember how amazing our meal was, and 3) so I at least had some pictures to post for day 5 of our trip. Overall, if you are bored by food, you can skip the rest of the post.
For those of you staying with me, here is a cute one of the four of us ready to enjoy some good food and company.
(Oh and notice the pretzel roll in front of her plate...those were super yummy and we may or may not have asked for a refill of those in our bread basket more than once!)
and finally, my fish and chips (yes, boring I know, but honestly, probably the best I have had and I am from the NW so you know I have had some good stuff, but this was amazing.)
After eating our food we were all stuffed and sure we didn't want dessert, but when we learned this restaurant was famous for their Apple Ravioli dessert, our curiosity got the better of us and we ordered one to share:
Pasta dough noodles filled with an amazing apply filling served over carmel with a cinnamon ice cream on the side...complete with the maple leaf apple cut out....it was as amazing as it sounds!
On top of all that, when she brought out the bill, our waitress also brought each of us another treat from the kitchen. We each received a plate with 2 of their "To die for" chocolate bars.
I must admit, I did eat mine, even though, I REALLY shouldn't have, but they were too good to pass up as well.
Overall it was a super fun and yummy dinner. Thanks Brian, for all of your hard work to surprise the rest of us. It was a great surprise.
We left the restaurant super full, but content. Spent a little time watching all the crazy parting on the streets (Canada beat Russia in the hockey game, so there was reason to celebrate) then headed home to watch the victory ceremony concert on TV as well as some other Olympic events.
It was a low key, but fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment