Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh the places they'll sleep....

The last few weeks nap time has been getting a little difficult with Clark. Some days he just really doesn't want to take a nap (which Mom isn't super excited about letting him give up yet), so we have gone to calling it quiet time...in which he has to sit on his bed and read his books for 30-45 minutes while I feed Logan and get him down for a nap and then if he hasn't fallen asleep after that time, then normally I give in and let him get up and play. Some days he does fine skipping naps and others it becomes a battle later that night to keep him from dosing off too early for bed. During this battle the last few weeks, we have found him sleeping in some very different places and positions, which we of course took pictures of our favorites and thought we would share them. Above is where we found Clark one evening at 5:45pm. He had apparently gotten tired of playing with his toys while I was making dinner and conked out on the family room floor and wasn't about to wake up for dinner even though we tried for almost an hour. To the right is him asleep in the hall outside of his room where he apparently collapsed on his way out of his room after declaring he wanted "no nap". He slept that way for almost 2 hours. Then my favorite: The other day I walked into Clark's room after getting Logan to sleep and this is what I found. Clark had been playing and moving around his room the whole time I had been feeding Logan in my room, so I had expect to find him awake, but instead I found him sound asleep in Logan swing. It was rather funny to watching him all curled up in there with his blanket. Oh the place Clark will sleep....he is always entertaining or maybe I am just jealous that he can sleep so peaceful and seem rested after some of the positions he sleeps in. I would wake up and not be able to move for days if I slept like him. And not to be outdone. Logan had been in the family playing the other afternoon while I was cleaning the kitchen and Clark was asleep when it got really quiet, so I went in to check on Logan and found that he had actually fallen asleep while playing with his gym.
(He was actually still holding on with both hands when I found him, but by the time I found the camera he was down to one hand). So cute!

8 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

that is too cute! So are you liking Oregon?

Tawna said...

Thats cute. I remember when Phoenix used to do stuff like that. Cute to other people but made me crazy that she was trying not to take a nap!
Erik says Hi and hopes everyone in your family is well. Its fun for him to get some contact with old high school friends again. We'll keep stopping by to check out your family!

Whitney said...

That is hilarious. Clark certainly has a mind of his own. Those are cute pictures.

Sarah said...

So cute! I love that you've gotten several pictures proving to Clark that he "isn't tired."

Tif said...

I love it! Those funky sleep pictures are the greatest, huh!

I need to call you tomorrow. Catch up. Oh, and make some plans. How are your apple pressing skills? We're having an apple pressing party on Monday for FHE out at my parents...I'll you in on the details...

Ashley said...

Too cute. Calli got so excited when she saw the pictures of the sleeping babies. She thought they were funny. She's a silly girl.

Rach said...

i laughed when i saw these pictures, Clark cracks me up! we have a picture of my little brother asleep, laying on the ground chewing on the corner of the couch...

dont forget to talk to brian about next weeked!!!!

Tara and Orlando said...

That is so funny and too cute!