Monday, April 29, 2013

Easter

Easter happened to be at the end of our Spring Break, so we got to spend it with family. :)
We had already arranged to do Easter dinner, etc with my family on Saturday since we would need to leave for home on Easter Sunday before the Uncles got home for church. This of course was also perfect for Jason and Lisa and girls as they needed to travel on Sunday as well, so we had a fun Easter Saturday!
I put myself in charge of dessert, since I had an Easter cake I really want to make, so here is what I came up with Friday night to add to Saturday's dinner:
Pretty cute Easter basket cake if I do say so myself?!
Plus it was all I could do to keep all the males in the house away from the kitkats until I had it finished, so they were all super helpful in eating the leftovers after I was done with the master piece! :)
Of course, Logan needed a picture with him and the "awesome cake" so I obliged:
I also planned to do dinosaur eggs with the kids, so I just added all the big kids to the group and they had fun mixing their colors the night before, then trying to open them the Saturday morning.
This batch didn't work out super great though as many were super hard to peel the shells off (sorry kids!), but we did end up with a few good ones...like Clark is showing off: 
Then it was egg hunt time!
To say these kids were excited would be an understatement, but they sat nicely listening to rules:
and the older 4 even posed for a picture or two while they gave Abby and Ashlynn a head start:
Here is a video of some of the hunting (just so you understand what we're talking about it in, all the eggs on the grass were only for Abby, Ashlynn or Aubrie and each kid had one bigger egg to find, so once they found their one they helped others find one if they spotted another...which Clark is helping Logan in the video):
I can just say that Uncle Brandon and Uncle Ryan had A LOT of fun hiding all the eggs. They made some super hard for the big kids...which they loved of course and it was super fun at the end to try to remember where ones still might be.



Clark was the last one who still needed to find eggs (we had a number they all had to reach so everyone had the same and we knew we found them all). He had a lot of fun with the 2 uncles at the end looking in crazy spots to help find the last few.
Everyone was super excited to show Ashlynn that there was candy inside once the hunt was over:
Just to prove I was there:
Aubrie slept through the hunt...which her parents loved...and her brothers were nice enough to find her eggs for her, which she was excited about once she woke up:
The Easter Bunny did make a visit Sunday morning before church:
and the boys were super excited to show Aubrie here basket:
as well as check out their own:

Then I did attempt a few pictures before church with all three decked out in the new church clothes:


Not perfect, but cute enough.
Then after church, I wanted to get a family shot, but of course Aubrie was done and our camera died...so this is all I got.
Oh well, at least I got one and we're all even looking the right way! :)
And then one adorable one of the older cousins together! (Thanks Lisa for letting me steal a copy!!!!)
We sure did have a fun Easter and hope you did too!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh your little girl looks SO BIG in the picture with her brothers!! When did that happen!? Looks like a great Easter. :)