Also on Valentine's Day was when Clark got to share some things about him with his class to start off the being star student of the following week.
In Clark's class each child gets a turn to be star student were the share their favorite things and things about them on Thursday afternoon of the week proceeding when they are star student. During their week of being star student, they get the things they shared with their class displayed in the class display box out in the hall, the get to sit at a special desk and I am sure there are other fun things they get to do the week they are star student.
Since Clark's week fell the week after Valentine's Day, it worked out perfectly for me to show up a little early for the class party so I could see Clark present his stuff.
Here are all the things he prepared to take with him as well as the bag each child gets to bring all of their stuff in the Thursday they get to share:
Here is the little poster we made of things Clark thought of that he loves:
Clark loves his family, getting 10/10 on his spelling tests, playing at the beach...and getting buried, relaxing at the lake...jet skiing, tubing and fishing.
I took videos of him while he shared all of his things with his class...they get kind of long, but for family who wants to see the presentation..here it is:
Yes, my phone went off on the other side of the room during his sharing time...oops.
And while I went to turn it off, I missed Clark sharing his favorite book which was Ramona's World.
Once he shared all his things his classmate got to ask him questions and tell him what they liked:
Can you tell that Christmas was the most recent holiday as everything came from Santa...unless I fed him answers. Cute kid! :)
The following week, when he was actually the star student, I went back and took a picture of him by his stuff...that's my proud 1st grader:
All of Clark's things on display just outside the 1st grade pod:
1 comment:
That is such a fun thing for the kids! I love it. Yay for Clark! :)
Post a Comment