This is a boring post with no pics, but it should sum up what we've been up to for that last few weeks.
So there has been a lot of sickness in our house for the last couple of weeks and though I'll spear you the details, we have all had somethings over the last two weeks with the boys getting theirs in the form of the flu last weekend. Luckily Clark had recovered and Logan hadn't started yet when we headed to church last Sunday so both Brian and I could give talks and then of course stayed all three hours since both boys where great....however within a half and hour after getting home from church, Logan helped me realize that I probably owe every parent of a nursery kid for sharing the flu bug with their kid too...oooppps! Sorry!!!!
Brian had to leave Monday for a 3 day conference in Portland and he had really wanted us to come with him, but since Logan was still under the weather, we opted to stay home and sent Daddy off with the other teachers headed up to the conference.
By Tuesday, everyone was finally feeling better and the boys were missing Daddy, so we decided to hope in the car for a little drive and surprise Dad.
It was great fun to get to the hotel just as he was finishing classes for the day, so we picked him up, went out to dinner. Then got some much needed shopping done at store we no longer have nearby and also hit up Ikea and let Clark enjoy play land while the rest of us shopped around.
We headed back to the hotel where Clark made sure he and Dad took full advantage of the hotel's pool. Logan had no interest to swim, but Clark loved playing in the water and probably would have stayed in there all night if his mean parents would have let him.
We did manage to get some sleep though. Then the next day the boys and I slept in, watched cartoons in bed, played and explored while we waited for Dad to get done with the conference. Then we left Portland quick to beat traffic and headed home to make it by a decent hour since everyone did have school the next day.
We might have made a little stop off in Eugene at Chucky E Cheese (or Pizza Planet as Clark calls it) for dinner which made the perfect completion for the boys on the little trip.
We had a great time and though I am lame and forgot the camera so have no pictures of the trip, it was a great getaway. The boys loved playing with Dad, the view from the hotel was amazing, the boys loved sleeping in a hotel and Mom and Dad loved that it was a free mid week trip and just the relaxation we needed after a week of everyone sick!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun. I hope you are all feeling better now! And I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday!!!
The flu is the worst. I'm glad you guys are feeling better. What a fun, spontaneous getaway. Perfect timing after all the illness.
I wish you lived closer so we could hang out, too! We could always meet halfway. There must be something worthwhile to do in Eastern Oregon...? :)
Post a Comment