Hello all!
We finally got our computer back and it's nice to be back in the know again.
We finally got our computer back and it's nice to be back in the know again.
I thought I would write a quick update about what we've been up to since school started and if you're lucky, I might even get a post with pictures up today as well!?
In all honesty, I really can't believe we are already almost to the end of October. Life is just flying by lately!
Brian has settled into a nice routine at school and though that normally means like 12 hour days for him (5a-5p...so is the life of a first year teacher though) he is loving teaching. He is so amazing and puts in so much time for his kids and I am sure his students love him as well.
Our little family loves that Dad has most Fridays off, so we always have quality time with Dad on the weekends.
Clark is LOVING preschool. His little class of 6 and Miss Jesika have been the perfect fit for Clark. He is learning so much and we love to see how excited he gets with his accomplishments. He couldn't wait to show Dad his homework page the other day where he had written his name all by himself as well as doing all the work without help. It was the first of many, I am sure, but it was super cute to see him proud of his work.
On top of school starting in September, I also had a whirlwind 48 hour trip to Idaho to attend the funeral for my Grandma (Grandma Great in the August posts). We were so grateful that we had just seen her in August and gotten the chance to spend time with her again and though it is sad to know she is not with us anymore, I know she is in a better place and I'll see her again someday. I am also extremely grateful for my amazing husband who took 2 days off...the third week of school...to stay home with our boys so I could go by myself. That made the trip so much easier and it really was nice to spend time with just my siblings with no kids to worry about. Thanks Babe!
For Conference weekend, the first part of October, we did head up to my parents house and though Nana and Papa were gone visiting the Granddaughters in LA, we enjoyed spending time with Ryan, BJ, Jared and Kim. In fact, it was super cute as I was explaining to Clark that we were going to Nana's house, but Nana and Papa weren't going to be there, I listed who else would be there and when I got to Kim...Clark got all excited and said "Aunt Kim, we get to see Kim?! She is so cute!"
Super cute and totally made Kim's day when I told her. Pretty sure Clark just secured a favorite nephew spot in her heart!
While we were there, I found a theater that was still playing Toy Story 3 and thought I would be brave and take the 2 boys by myself while Brian was at his meeting and all my other backup was still at work.
Let's just say probably won't be doing that again anytime soon!
Clark pretty much hated it!
He got scared about half way through and was screaming to go home and that he wanted to see Daddy.
Then I take the boys out in the hall to calm Clark down and I have Logan screaming because he wants to watch Buzz....it was an adventure for sure, but we did make it through the moving with Clark freaking out in my arms for the last half and barely watching any of the rest. Then we get back to Nana's and Clark proceeds to tell Dad that he loved the movie!????? HAHA! Yeah right. Pretty sure if we try that one again it will be at home and Clark can sit with Dad this time.
Well, I think that about sums up the highlights from the last 6 weeks or so. Any other time has been used finishing setting up house, exploring our new town and finding new places to play....pictures will follow with those adventures.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I bet clark is a really cute prescchooler. 6 kids in the class that sounds great!!!
Welcome back!
That is great the Brian is loving his job and has most Fridays off. That's perfect for weekend trips. :) I've heard that most teachers put in long hours because they love the kids. I guess the ones who don't love it get out of it.
I've heard of several kids scared of Toy Story 3. I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know what's in it. Funny that it bothered Clark, but not Logan.
Sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad you could be with family during that time.
Can't wait for more updates. :)
Post a Comment