This year I tried canning for the first time as a grown up in my own house (instead of helping mom) and it was quite successful if I do say so myself.
I canned pears, peaches and nectarines and since we have already sampled all of the products, I can tell you they are all yummy.
I failed to get any pictures of the pears which I did first, but here are some of the peaches and nectarine round.
These are some of the first jars of peaches and nectarines I did.
We also borrowed a friends dehydrator and had some fun with that as well. I borrowed it do dry pears, since I love those and told Brian he needed to try them.
They were such a big hit with Brian and the boys, Brian and I decided to have some fun.
Overall, canning was fun and Brian even agrees that is wasn't that much work for the yummies, so we'll definitely be doing some more next year.
PS-Thanks Mom for all the question answering and tips!
5 comments:
Good job! I have gotten zero pictures of all of my fruitiness around here. Oops!
LOVE the tropical fruit drying! I'd have never thought to try drying all those things!
I have what I think/hope is my last round of peach leather on the dehydrator right now...but I still seem to have one pesky box of peaches left out on my porch, darn it!
What did your kids do while you were canning? Trying to help, watching a favorite show, playing with friends or dad?
Wow, wow, wow, wow!! Look at you fancy pants! Next time tell me and I'll come learn from the master! You're AMAZING Natalie!
Wow! You are like a real adult! Canning! I don't know if I am quite ready for that yet. Way to go!
Meagan I honestly did my canning in batches and not all at once, so I did a lot at night after my boys went down or first thing in the morning while they ate breakfast or watched their morning cartoon.
And Rushell, you crack me up! I am not sure that I can be classified a real adult any more then you can....canning really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so you should try it.
Post a Comment