Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Preschool!

Clark started preschool last week. Last Tuesday was his first day and so far he is loving school and wishing he could go every day.
The night before his first day we were having pumpkin pie for dessert at dinner and Clark thought he needed candles, so we gave him a candle and decided it was his first day of school cake.
Blowing it out is of course his favorite and needs to be done more than once in his opinion. The Thursday before the first day, we went to an open house so he could meet his teacher and see his classroom. He really wasn't interested in meeting his teaching, but he loved exploring all the toys and things to do in the classroom.
Checking out the caterpillar carpet where they meet for group time.
And he was really fascinated with the hour glass. They had a list of things we were supposed to find in the classroom and do with Clark and we got through about half, but Clark found plenty of other things to explore on his own and of course kept going back to his favorites as well (like the sand table and the easels for drawing and painting....oh and the train set of course). Then Tuesday the 22nd arrived and here is our excited preschooler ready to head out to school
Such a big little boy!
And of course Logan needed to get in a picture as well
to show off how big he is getting too. Mom took Clark to school and managed to get one picture of him standing in line with the other kids waiting to go into class, but he was so ready he kept running to the front of the line to see if the door was open yet.
Finally the door opened and it was time to go in. Here he is sitting on his carpet square waiting for group time....wishing he could just go play with the toys instead.
And thinking about putting his name tag on. (He hates that thing and refused to put in on for the first week. He just hates anything around his neck apparently, but is getting better and actually put it on by himself yesterday.)
I didn't get any pictures of him with his teacher yet, but his teacher's name is Teacher Jennifer and he really likes her. She seems really fun and I think she will be great with Clark. One last picture of him with the other kids ready to start class.
Honestly, I had no problem leaving him either.
This mom was as excited about him starting school as he was.
I think this will be a great thing for him and Brian and I have already seen improvements in his listen and attention skills in the last week since he started. We are so excited for Clark and are happy that he is excited as well.
Hopefully he has a great year and learns lots!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I don't even want to think about preschool yet. That's so good that he's excited, it probably makes the transition that much easier. Yay for Clark!

Julie said...

I think you will continue to see improvements...Hayden was the same way. He got a lot better once he started preschool!

Whitney said...

What fun! I can't believe he is old enough for preschool! I'm sure he is loving it!

Ashley said...

Yeah for Clark and even more yeah for Mom! A little free time is always good. :)