Last Thursday we went to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) in Portland with our friends Kiera and Scharea (and their mom, Tif, as well).
They have this great young learns room that all of the kids just loved and since I actually remembered to bring my camera AND take pictures, I figured we would share our fun day.
Clark's favorite spot was in the sand. He and Scharae spent at least an hour in their having some great fun.
Clark is filling up the bath tub with sand (and now thinks we should fill our tub at home with sand as well....probably not).
Here he would feed a ball into a tube and then run to the other side to see what hole his ball would come out of.
Clark playing with one of the sand funnel toys.
They had so many great fun things for them to play with in there, it definitely didn't surprise me that both Tif and I ended up having to take our shoes off in order to go in and drag our kids out when it was time to go.
The only other area Clark even sent any time in really was the tube and air ball area.
Put the ball in the tube, close the cover and watch the ball shoot up this tube and land in the top funnel of the tube next to it and then fall down that tube.
He had no problem mastering this trick and was soon teaching all the other toddlers who he felt weren't getting the hang of it fast enough, how to do it!
We really only visited half of the room on that visit, so we'll definitely be going back to explore some that we missed and revisit some of the favorite areas as well, I am sure.
We had such a great time and followed a couple of hours at the OMSI up with lunch at McDonalds and some more running in their playland just to ensure they were all tired for the drive back to Salem (which worked perfectly as they both took LONG naps that day).
3 comments:
Looks fun. I am really starting to enjoy the age Calli is at now where they can learn and explore with you. The preschool teacher in me is coming back to life!
That was a blast...I'm thinking it should become a monthly thing? How's that sound? Toss it up here and there with Wilsonville instead or something...but SOMETHING outside of Salem!
And yes...the sand...Scharae is also of the thought that our tub needs it. Maybe one of us should fill a but with sand and we can share :)
I LOVE OMSI! I've never been to the Young Learns area (probably because I was single when in lived there), but it looks like tons of fun!
Post a Comment