Friday, February 20, 2009

Thank Heaven for little Boys????

Ever have one of those mornings where you really didn't sleep well and you just don't really feel that great, so you are hoping your kids will sleep in just a little so you can too?! Well that was me this morning, but of course Clark was awake at 6am and not long after, turned on the light in their room to insure that Logan woke up too. So we let them play in their room for a little while and then Brian turned on Curious George in the play room hoping they would let me sleep a little longer. I heard them waving to Daddy at the front window as Brian left for school about 7a. Clark went back to the play room and Logan came crawling to my bed to cuddle and went back to sleep for 20 minutes (Thank you Logan). After our little nap, I was feeling better, at least to tackle the day, so Logan and I went to get Clark so we could all eat breakfast. I'll just let the pictures explain what I found:
UUMMM.....let's just say this is not the start of a morning I was hoping for.
(And yes, Clark has PJ's that match, except when Daddy gets him dressed for bed).
Notice the toy bin on the floor totally full of powder as well! Clark told me that it was "snow for Thomas"......note to self: no more Thomas the train videos with snow! (This poor train table. It's already been watered once...thanks to Clark wanting to give Thomas a drink and now snow....I am not sure it will last through Clark!)
I am sure the mess started here and I am sure that Daddy wanted white speakers instead of black. And then, the print let in the bean bag where the little powder boy sat back down to watch more George once he was done with the powder. Well, I got Clark out of the room and might add there was no yelling or getting upset, we just talked about how that wasn't OK and then I shut the door telling myself I would deal with it after we all ate breakfast. Logan apparently wasn't in the mood to eat and my wall was quickly covered with rice cereal and applesauce from the first few spoonfuls I tried to feed him and he knocked out of the way. (Mess #2 to clean up after breakfast) After everyone ate (Logan eventually decided he was hungry and demanded to eat then) I put the boys in their room to play while I tackled the messes. I cleaned the wall first, since it was still wet and the easiest of the two, then locked myself in the play room to clean to powder and insure the boys wouldn't follow. A few minutes later I heard a crash, so I went back into the kitchen to discover that Logan can now reach the top of the kitchen table and pull things off such as Clark's cereal bowl.....time out from powder to clean up milk and remaining cereal bits from the floor(and the rest of the table). Thank you Logan! (No, I didn't take pictures of any of the other messes...you're lucky you got ones of the first mess!) After emptying the powder filled filter from my vacuum and making sure the boys were occupied again, I went back to the powder mess. Five minutes later, I turned off the vacuum to wipe down some powder covered toys and hear a little spraying sound....never good in my house. Of course, the boys where back in the kitchen, this time Clark had my Swiffer wetjet mop (apparently in my rush to get stuff to clean up the powder, I hadn't closed the door) and was spraying the cleaner all over the floor as he told me he was cleaning up Logan's mess! Well, you can't really get mad at him when he is trying to help, even though I had already cleaned up both Logan's messes, but he had used half the BRAND NEW bottle of cleaner, so I had huge puddles of cleaner on the floor....which of course Logan was swimming in. Time out for baths! Threw them in the tub, mopped up all the cleaner (at least my floor is clean now) finished getting as much of the powder as I could, get the boys dressed. WOW! What a morning, oh wait, it's only 8:45am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my house totally smells of Baby Powder overdose with the floor cleaner overdose added in there, my head fills great. We are definitely leaving, not sure where and what, put can't stand my house, so if I can trust them long enough for me to get a shower and dressed, then we are leaving the house. My morning can't get any worse right????????!!!!!!!!!! PS Brian just called to see if he still has children (I emailed him the picture of Clark's snow as well) and after I am sure he had a great laugh, he thought he better make sure everyone was still living. I am happy to report that I didn't hurt anyone, didn't even really get that mad (I might add.....points for me), but my boys are definitely on thin ice today. We're definitely all taking naps (assuming my house has aired out by then) and I think the inside of boys bedroom door is getting a child proof handle as well.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha. What a morning!! I think I would have given up and just gone back to bed.

Tif said...

ACK!!! Um, well...at least your toddler group was YESTERDAY and not TODAY? right?

Darn, I wish I was off today, we could have gone and played or something! My day was sort of like that yesterday (hence the reason we were late, and why we took the bike and not the car to your house!)

Whitney said...

Oh boy! Is this what I have to look forward to with a little boy??? You poor thing!

Michelle Johnson said...

Wow. It's like reading about my own life--our week is kind of going like that too.

wendy_d23 said...

Wow. That is all I can say. Hope tomorrow goes better! Now that I have met little Clark, I am not quite surprised!

Sarah said...

What a day! I think I would have cried. Way to hang in there!

Tawna said...

Thats great! I'm glad my mess was more contained than that! My little mess was hard to clean, I can't imagine what it was like trying to clean up your mess!

Ashley said...

Hang in there! Unfortunately, girls are capable of stuff like that too. Not too long ago, Calli rounded the corner with superglue and a glue stick in each one of her hands! It's so fun peeling off superglue from a toddler's fingers! Yikes.

Tara and Orlando said...

My oh my...what a morning! An no yelling?! You get super mom status for the day, that's for sure.

Bonnie and Tyler said...

holy! is that what to expect with two children, or just two boys?