So to play some more catch up, I thought I would document how our summer began. The owner of the house we were renting had put our house on the market in April (and since I loved living in a house on the market so much the last time around) and since we would most likely need to move before the next school year, we thought, why are we paying rent when we won't even be here for part of the summer, so we decided to move out, enjoy our summer and then figure out where we'ed live again in August before school started.
So as soon as Brian finished he grading day, we packed up the kids, a bunch of toys and clothes for the summer and drove to Nana and Papa's with the kids. Brian actually had an interview the next day at a school district close to Nana and Papa's, so he did that the next morning while I helped the kids get all settled with Nana, then in the afternoon, Brian and I took off back to Winston after being in WA for less then 18 hours to work on packing and moving out of our house.
We worked like crazy people Saturday-Tuesday, then I left for Girls' Camp Tuesday morning leaving Brian to finish the random packing and cleaning then we'd meet back up at Nana's. It was a crazy few days, but we got everything moved out to a storage unit, the house cleaned, girls camp responsibilities done and eventually made it to my parents to enjoy a couple of days and do some wash before heading out on the first adventure of the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment