We had some friends who were swimming in extra calle lily bulbs earlier this spring and so when they asked if we want to take any, I definitely jumped at the chance to get free calle lily bulbs!
Next, I decided we had to buy planter boxes to plant them in....logically I don't want to plant them in my yard and donate them to this yard, so this way I ensure they come with us whenever and wherever the next move is! Smart if I do say so myself!
So after getting the boxes, we got them all planted and waited to see what they would do since neither Brian nor I had actually grown anything from bulbs before.
They quickly started sprouting and it's been fun to see every few days or so how many new sprouts we have.
Then, last week, I noticed a dark leaf. Then on closer inspection, I realized it was a lily! I was definitely excited to see it open within a few days and have enjoyed our first lily these last few days.
Here is a picture of our first lily:
Obviously we are getting rain as well, but it's still pretty to look at even if it's not bright and sunny at the same time.
We have tons more leaves, so we are hoping to get at least a few more flowers over then next few weeks.
Sure is fun when it has a pretty reward though!
No comments:
Post a Comment