So, what you might ask, has been keeping me away from the blogging world lately? Well lets just say I have been a little busy lately with a few projects. Here is a little peek at what I have been doing.
We had a great Thanksgiving here at home with some of our great friends who were also in town complete with all the trimmings (and yes I failed to take any pictures of the fun day, so this is all that will document it). Once Thanksgiving was finished, I spend pretty much every waking hour for the next two weeks focused on a Christmas party for our ward (church congregation).
You see, apparently word has gotten around that I can plan parties, so at the end of October I was asked if I (with the help of a friend) could plan the Christmas party/dinner for about 250 people.
In October I felt like it was plenty of time, but I was definitely still sweating out details to the last minute with this one.
We did a Christmas Breakfast theme for dinner and all the kids got to wear their PJs as well.
Here is a few pictures of the decorations we came up with for the gym area:
My friend came up with the jar centerpieces, we both liked snowflakes and lights and together we produced what I think was quite nice.
And yes, my cricut was cutting for like 5 days straight on all these lovelies:
We also had a special visitor that night:
So all the kids got to get their pictures taken with Santa in their PJs
And then my cute friends who took all the pictures added these cute boarders before printing the pictures for everyone.
Though there were a few things that went a little crazy (I might have blown a few fuses in the church trying to get pancakes cooked on multiple griddles as the same time and all the crafts for the kids might not have actually made it to the party), but overall the party ended up being a great success and we had about 210 people for dinner that night with food to spare.
It was fun to plan and watch all the hard work come together, but I won't lie though, I was greatly relieved to have it over!!!!
Once the party was over, there was only 1 week left for all the boys in school, so I got to work on presents for the boys teachers.
This year I made them picture frame/dry erase countdowns.
And since I wasn't on top of it to have them to the teacher by December 1st so they could actually use them the whole month, I added a countdown to summer page for each of them as well.
So this is how each countdown turned out, though both teacher received it with the countdown to Christmas on top to use and the summer one behind to be used later in the year.
They both have dry erase pens fastened to the back to use to change the countdown and both teachers loved them (though I have no pictures of the boys actually giving it to them).
Next, or at the same time, of course was holiday baking.
I once again made a lot of these little guys:
which Logan took to his class party and we handed out to lots of our little friends as holiday treats from the boys (the adult friends got pumpkin rolls from the parents...yummy as well).
Then we worked on Christmas card photos:
Some turned out better then others and the overall card was darker when we got it then it looked on the screen, but at least I can say I got them out, so hopefully you all have one in your mailboxes this week! (If you don't and want one, let me know and I'll send you one!)
Finally, a picture of something I didn't make, but enjoyed!
Aren't these little reindeer treats from our friends super cute?!!
Well, I think that about sums up what has kept me way too busy this month. Now, with any luck, I'll catch up on at least a couple recent posts from our family in the next day or two before I am behind the Christmas post too! :)










2 comments:
Wow wow wow. That is amazing! you put our ward party to shame!
I was in charge of our Christmas Party too!! We did snowflakes too! It looks awesome! YOu'll have to check out my pictures once I get them posted. Fabulous job!
Post a Comment