Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When "I am sorry" doesn't seem enough

Yesterday was a hard day.
A good friend of mine relived one of her worst days I am sure as she gave birth to a very premature baby for the second time in a few years.
She got a little time with her beautiful little girl before that precious spirit left this world for a better place.
Though they know they'll see their little girl again some day, I can guess it doesn't take away the loneliness for the moment.
So as a friend you wish you could do so much more to help lighten her burden.
Sure you can watch her other kids and help her clean her house.
You can say how sorry you are!
But still it never seems enough and you wish you could do so much more.
So, to my dear friend,
I echo Rachel's words (who said it better then I ever could) and hope you know there are so many of us who cry with you. Who hold you in our prayers and love you!
I admire your strength!
Wish I could do more, but hope you know you have a listening ear, shoulder to cry on and a friend close by whenever you need one.
We love you!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Those are beautiful words. So sorry for your friends loss. The knowledge of the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ is the only power in this world to help us through such challenging times!

Tif said...

Thank you so much, Natalie. For everything you-and so many others-have done these last couple of months. And thank you so much for being there yesterday for the girls to be dropped off with-and to Rachel for helping with that.

I don't even know what to say. We are so heartbroken, stunned and sad. And yet in a small way this time had much more peace about it. Amidst all the turmoil.

I am blessed to have friends like you and Rachel whom I know would give the shirt off their backs if you knew it was needed or would help.

Thank you so much. And please, if I don't reach out to you in the coming days, weeks-don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'll need it.

Sarah said...

I can't imagine...They are in our prayers.

Allison said...

Im so sorry for your friends loss. There is so much comfort in knowing families are forever and that they will one day be reunited.

Lisa said...

Bless her heart. Tell her that her family is in our prayers.