Mom thinks we have all finished breakfast and I sent the boys off to play with toys while I showers and gets ready for the day.
The other day I was loving how well the boys were playing together (as opposed to fighting by the time I get out of my 2 minute shower). They continued to play quietly the entire time I got ready for the day and even allowed me to get the rest of the stuff together for a job application Dad asked me to get out the door that day.
It was starting to get close to the time to leave for Clark's preschool, so I called the boys to get their shoes on and get ready to go.
As we were getting socks on, Clark proceeds to say:
"We almost forgot to pick up our mess at school"
I asked what mess, he hadn't even been to school yet.
Clark answers: "Oh, I said the wrong thing....We almost forgot to pick up our mess in the toy room."
Yeah, my brain things of plenty of "messes" as I walk to the toy room.
I immediately understood why they had been playing so well together when I opened the toy room door to discover they decided they weren't through with breakfast
Clark and I (Logan got kicked out of helping since his tummy had had more than enough that morning) worked quick to get it all picked/vacuumed so we could still get to school on time....or at least got what we thought was all....we are still finding little balls in random places.
I love my boys, but boy can they make some great messes in a little amount of time!
8 comments:
Thank you. Thank you for taking pictures of this.
I think I would be like Logan and picking them up with my mouth.
Oh, some days are just like that! We had a similar experience except ours was with the tiny color ball sprinkles ALL over our kitchen floor and both boys were trying to clean up the mess before I discovered them by licking their fingers and getting the sprinkles to stick to them and then licking them off! Oh what fun! At least this post made me smile! ;)
It seems that quiet almost always correlates with trouble. :)
Quiet is NEVER a good thing! Also, I love your post about Tif and her sweet baby. My heart breaks for them, and I'm so glad they have friends like you close by for support...
Oh, the adventures with little boys! Sitting here giggling to myself because I could totally picture that happening at my house!
I feel your pain! Lucky Charms are the cereal of choice at our house! All the marshmallows are always gone though.
This is OH so AMAZING! Sitting here in my own little world I couldn't help but laugh. You are an incredible Mom Natalie! One I aspire to be someday. Crazy messes and all. ;)
These kids... what are they trying to do to us?
Post a Comment