Tuesday, October 22, 2013

1st grade comes to an end!

So Clark had a great party day for the last day of school and I got to go in for the last half of the day to help out. His class started in the dessert room, making "dirt" cups....I helped set this room up and make what felt like a thousand gallons of pudding to prepare for this treat. It was funny to see some kids were really worried and didn't think they wanted any. Not Clark, we've done dirt at our house and he dug right in and showed other kids how to make it the best and then ate it all up. Such a cute kid!

Next, was onto parachute games. I think Clark has been waiting all year to do this (since he saw older kids doing it last year when the Kindergartners were leaving). He loved it and had a great time with his class on this one.


I mean look at that face....taking the job so serious!:)
And a video of the action:
Then it was onto the limbo. 
Pretty sure most of the first graders had never done it before, but they caught on quickly and had a great time...definitely a time when Clark's height plays into his favor!

Trying to capture a video of the fun without laughing too hard.
I know they did some other activities too, but I didn't catch those. Clark seriously loved his last day of school and having such a fun last day with all of his friends. He really did have a great class this year and most of kids were really great friends.
Having a ball....in case you can't tell:
Some silly pictures with some of his friends from first grade:
Daygen, Clark and Emily
David and Clark (these two were also soccer buddies together on the same team).
Then it's time to get ready to go and am trying to help Clark get all his stuff and get the reluctant kid out the door (as he really didn't want to leave....he really did love first grade) and then I notice him lift open his desk to grab something and thought I saw more in there, so I asked Clark if he had cleaned out his desk? He got that mischievous grin on his face that he has as he said yes. By then his teacher, who also knows that grin, had caught on and we both said "Clark what is in your desk?"
He said stuff, so we opened it to find this:
Mrs. Davis asked why he was leaving garbage in his desk to which he answered, that's not garbage that is important notes and projects from the year and if I leave it in there then I have to come back and see you to get it out?! Thought he had a brilliant plan...too bad mom made him clean it all out. And yes, most of it came up because it was super important...think I only got to throw 2 things out then. 
Such a funny kid!
After we got all of his stuff in the car, we grabbed his teacher gift out of the car (he didn't want to give it to her until the other kids were gone because he was worried he might cry when he said bye) and then headed back into school.
One quick picture of him with his gift:
I did tote bags this year with a cute saying for their desks, new water bottle, customized bag tag, some chocolate and other teacher necessities. 
I thought the note Clark wrote to Mrs. Davis was super cute so I took a picture so would remember:
We took it to her and then of course he felt he needed to help her open it and show her every thing in it, so I let those two have their time:

Then of course needed an end of the year picture with Clark and Mrs. Davis (#1....not to be confused with Kindergarten Mrs. Davis!! :) )
Yes they are both a little teary eyed as was the mom who was taking the pictures. We truly are going to miss Mrs. Davis. She was such an amazing teacher and helped Clark love school. He had such a great year and Brian and I felt so blessed that Clark had such a great fit for him with his teacher. 
If we are back next year, I think am going to have to drop Clark off 10 minutes early for school just so he has time to say hi to both Mrs Davis' now every morning before school (as he stopped every day this year to say hi the kindergarten Mrs. Davis) and still make it to 2nd grade on time! :)

Just before we left, Clark made me grab a picture of the tooth chart. After loosing his first tooth in December, he really wanted to make the tooth chart another time before school ended. He did it....with one day to spare!
Sure glad Clark had such an amazing year. It is so wonderful to see your kids do well in school and enjoy it. To have great teachers make the year even better and more special and you know they have it great when they are soooooo excited to go to school every day all year long and have to be dying to keep them home. 
THANKS MRS. DAVIS FOR A GREAT YEAR!!! 
Miss you already!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How sweet that Clark left those things in his desk so he could come back. I see you are playing blog catch up like I am. :) Your kids are growing so fast and are so cute!