I really can't even believe that the summer is already over and September has arrived! It seems like time just few by, but it was a great summer and we loved having time together as a family.
Before I get into back to school posts, I figured I would recap the rest of August first, even though, sadly, I have to pictures to document any of our fun.
August of course started with Logan breaking his leg, so the plans of going to a water park and back to the beach had to be put on hold until next year, but we still managed some other fun in the weeks that remained. We filled up with TONS of books and movies from the library more than once this month, which allowed the boys to turn in their library reading charts a few times for more prices...like bouncy balls, pizza and books.
Mom picked fruit a couple times during August and spent many days canning peaches and nectarines!!! We love fruit in this house...though it may be a while before Mom really wants to see anymore boxes of fruit in the garage! :)
The highlight this month was a visit from Nana and Uncle B. Since Papa was out of town, Nana figured she would venture on a vacation of her own to come see us and since Brandon didn't have to work, he came a long for the trip and we were happy to have them!
We took them to Wildlife Safari, of course! They had fun and we got in a last visit for the summer....though I am sure we'll be back soon since fall is our favorite time to go!
We played games, read books, went shopping, showed off our little town and made sure to go fruit picking again so we could send a carload home with Nana.
It was a really fun visit and so fun to see them again before we started school.
I am sorry I have no pictures to prove they were here, but we were too busy having fun...guess they'll just have to come back again so we can take pictures! :)
Thanks for coming Nana and B...it sure was fun!
Now for school....
No comments:
Post a Comment