Friday, July 18, 2008

The Lake House

We spent a week at Nana and Papa's lake house and loved it. Wish we could just live there all the time and that life could always be that laid back, but we enjoyed it while it lasted.
Dad, Uncle Ryan and Papa definitely worked hard on some projects while we were there and enjoyed destroying an old shed (wish I had pictures of the actual destruction process which was quite amusing, but I didn't think about it soon enough), but we enjoyed lots of relaxation as well.

Clark loves to sit by the water and throw rocks in.....sorry Papa, you'll have to get half of your rocks behind your retaining wall back out of the water, but Clark sure had a great time!
Uncle Ryan and Dad finished working on the 4th of July and are getting ready for firework time. Bottle rockets was all the fireworks that came from the Polson cabin, but these two had a great time seeing what they could get to shoot out with the rockets out of their homemade launch pads.

As a side note, we really didn't need anymore fireworks to shoot off personally, we just enjoyed all of the displays of "lights" as Clark would call them the neighbors provided....it's amazing how much people spend on fireworks at the lake, but it was a great show.

Clark LOVED going with Papa for rides in the little motorboat at the end of the day. We even talked Nana into going out with them once, but we didn't get a picture of that ride.


Dad enjoyed a kayak ride on the lake as well.
Thanks Papa and Nana for a fun time at the lake house.

2 comments:

The Polson Family said...

Looks like so much fun. Wish we were there to play....but we are so excited to see everyone this week.

Nate + Carlee said...

I'm hoping you get this...I tried to e-mail you, but the address I have for you isn't working, but I wanted to let you know that I am throwing Nate a surprise birthday party on Wed. the 23rd if you guys are going to be in town then. We're having it around 5:30, and his parents are coming into town that day too, and he has no idea! If you can make it I know he would just flip, but if not we'll definitely find another time to hang out!

-Carlee