Monday, June 2, 2008
What a day!
So, since my brothers just think this is the best story about Clark, I thought I would share it with everyone. Sorry, there are no pictures to go along, but you'll understand.
So last Wednesday, Clark and Logan both had doctors appointments at 11am. Brian was slammed with homework and couldn't come home to go with us as I had hoped, so I was on my own with both boys. We were all having a pretty good morning and I was super happy that we were all dressed, fed and ready to walk out the door at 10:30am (since the doctors office is around the corner and takes 3 minutes to get there, we had plenty of time).
As always, I strapped Logan in his carseat in the house, then leave him there while I take Clark out to the car and strap him in his. I always set my keys on the console between the front seats when I am strapping Clark in and leave them there until I am ready to drive off. Anyway, I got Clark strapped in and told him I had to go get Logan and would be right back. He answered "Back", so I shut his door and ran in the house. I grabbed Logan and carried him outside pulling the locked door behind me. As I am locking the door I thought to myself "it's really going to suck if Clark figures out how to reach those keys one of these days"...............oh, you guessed it......I hear a CLICK! So I try Logan's door and sure enough it is locked and Clark is holding the keys. I go around to Clark's side and realize that his finger is on the unlock button, so I keep saying "Clark, push the button". Clark answers by yelling NO and throwing the keys to the front seat! (Could have killed him!)
Anyway, so now I have a screaming Logan who doesn't want to be in his carseat, Clark locked in the car with my keys, cell phone, wallet and everything else in the diaper bag....also already in the car and I am locked out of my house as well.
My first thought was, we'll just walk to the doctor's appointment (it wasn't super warm, but it wasn't freezing) so I thought we could walk there and then get Brian to come home and get us....oh wait, my 2 year old is locked in the car...can't leave him here.
So I took Logan and went down to one of my neighbor's who is also in our ward and I knew was home. After trying Brian (who was in class and wouldn't answer his phone) and every other option the friend and I could think of (Landlords, etc) we decided 911 was the best option since it was a child locked in the car. So after chatting with a not so nice operator, she agreed to send someone to help and my nice friend offered to hold Logan (who she had rescued from his carseat while I was on the phone) while I waited outside with Clark (even though that meant she would be late for an 11am appointment with her 2 kids as well). SO NICE!
Long story short...I spent the next 20 minutes waiting for the locksmith at Clark's window trying to get him to play with the door handle to see if he would pull the latch, so I could open the door....no luck. He just wanted "out" which I couldn't do anything about.
Finally at 11:10am, Clark is out of the car, I have keys and the locksmith decided my day was bad enough and would charge me.
After calling the doctor's office and realizing they still wanted us to come, we picked up Logan and went to the appointment.
The nurse and doctor both asked if having Clark locked in the car was my worst nightmare and after thinking about it, I said no. If Logan would have been locked in there with him and screaming to get out, then I would have been panicked and worried, but as it was, it wasn't hot outside (so the car wasn't hot), Clark did it to himself and he was absolutely fine.....so no not my worst nightmare, but definitely not my best day!
As a side note, no I never leave my keys in the car anymore (Clark thinks he can drive now anyway, so that is never good) and yes we are getting a hide-a-key outside at our next house when we move because with my 2 year-old, I am sure this isn't the last time I will be locked out of something and/or everything by him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow..you read about those adventures happening and then you were living it. We are grateful things turned out fine. The weather even cooperated. This will be a classic tale when Clark grows up. Way to keep calm Natalie!!!!
love, Logandale Jensen's
My mom told me this story and we laughed and laughed but I'm sure it was so terrible! At least it wasn't hot in the car! Glad that day is over for you! Cant wait till the family reunion!!!
What an adventure that I'm sure you'll be fine with never happening again! Glad everything worked out and that today is a new day!
Wow! what an adventure! I am glad it all worked out, I would have panicked! I will have to keep my keys close.
Hey guys! We will be around in July, so make sure you come and visit us! My e-mail is carleemarie3@gmail.com, so drop us a line, and we'll get together for sure!
Post a Comment