Monday, August 26, 2013

Toy Rescue

Clark has been missing some super small pieces from his pirate ship for a while and after Dad got a shopvac and Clark saw that Dad could look inside after vacuuming to see what he picked up, Clark started asking if I could do that with the house vacuum.
When I explained that I had a bag inside the vacuum that collected everything until the bag got full and ready to throw away, Clark thought he should go through the bag.
Mom finally gave in and set up a table outside, so he could go through the vacuum bag to check for toys before I was allowed to throw it out.
He was super careful and sorted through each and every part of that bag and even enjoyed doing it: 

The things that will entertain this boy for an afternoon.
I am happy to report that he found his 3 missing pieces as well as some small game pieces, 75 cents, tons of rubberbands....which these boys are always asking for to play something with, so they were considered treasure finds as well.
Once he was satisfied he found everything of value, he ok'ed me to bag it up and throw it out! :)
I think it might be time to get a bagless vacuum if he plans to keep up this routine with every full bag!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Haha! How funny! You're nicer then me. I would have just said Bummer, it's gone. Lol! Glad he found what he was looking for plus some extra stuff too. ;)

Jordan Steel said...

This is awesome! Go Clark. If he keeps this up, he will be rich. lol I am sure there are all sorts of things you could find in our vacuum cleaner. lol